A Fair in September is a Sidbury Village tradition going back over 1000 years!
Pick up a leaflet from Drews, The Red Lion or St. Giles Church. Come along and take part – keep the tradition alive!
SAT 14TH SEPTEMBER SCARECROWS GATHER 10AM-12PM Parish Rooms
Theme: ‘Disney Scarecrows’. Scarecrows to gather at Parish Rooms on Sat morning. They will then be helped to find a comfortable spot in the village to spend the week entertaining everyone passing by! The more entries the more fun and colourful the village will be!
SUN 15TH SEPTEMBER
• BEFORE ‘THE OFF’ FOR THE FUN RUN - COME AND ‘LIMBER UP AT A SHORT INFORMAL CHURCH SERVICE IN ST. GILES’ CHURCH GROUNDS (10.45am until approx 11.15am)
• FUN RUN & WALK Register 10.45am for 11.30am start (Sponsored by Sidbury Farmers and Landowners) Walking routes suitable for all abilities and pushchairs. Challenging runs for youngsters, teens and adults.
Local Roast Pork Rolls, and choice of sides, from 12pm followed by prizes at 1pm.
Café seating in the Village Hall.
Forms from Drew’s, Red Lion or this website Enquiries: Nancy Craven 07767 688240
Download an entry form here
MON 16TH SEPTEMBER QUIZ EVENING IN THE RED LION
7.30PM £5 per team (max 4 people per team) Enquiries/ to book a table: Bib & Richard 597313
TUES 17TH SEPTEMBER
• HOT PENNIES & GLOVE CEREMONY 12 NOON Church Street
Hot (warm!) pennies collected in Drews’ & The Red Lion are thrown over the churchyard wall for Sidbury Schoolchildren to collect.
• CHILDREN’S PICTURE COMPETITION in the village hall
Theme: ‘ANYTHING ON WHEELS’ (Various Classes) Open to all children in the Parish. Pictures can be handed in at Sidbury School in the first week of term and there will be time to make pictures in class too.
• AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHIC DISPLAY/COMPETITION (For Children and Adults) (IN ST. GILES’ CHURCH from Tuesday until Thursday 19th) Theme: ‘ANYTHING ON WHEELS’. It’s always great to see the church full of photos during Fair week – so go on make this year’s display the biggest ever
Entry Forms at Drews Butchers or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.
• ART DISPLAY (IN ST. GILES’ CHURCH)
• ARCHIVE EXHIBITION OF ‘SIDBURY DURING THE SECOND WORLD WAR’ (IN ST. GILES’ CHURCH)
WED 18TH SEPTEMBER SIDBURY FAIR DAY 10AM
• Stalls selling local produce, crafts etc. on the street, in the village hall and parish rooms.
• Coffee, Ploughman’s lunches and teas served in Village Hall
• Displays of art from Sidbury Art Society, photography and history in St Giles’ church with archive exhibition of ‘Sidbury during the Second World War’.
• 12.30pm VILLAGE AUCTION. Traditional Auction of Poultry and Livestock ~ and also Local Produce, including logs, wood chippings, half a lamb ready for your freezer, horse manure, handmade bird table, wildlife photographs and basket of preserves. NB all Livestock MUST be pre-entered with Stags Auctioneers 01404 42553 and removed from site by 3pm.
• Country Clay Shoot 10am-3pm in Manor Grounds 25 clay sporting layout re-entry 10 clay “have a go” stand with tuition for beginners Guns, cartridges and safety equipment supplied
• Jordan Cross Memorial Duck Race 3.30pm
Ducks jump into the River Sid in Sidbury school grounds and head to the Millennium Green.
BBQ in the school grounds and children’s activities.
Money raised goes to the school.
Enquiries: Sidbury School.
THURS 19TH SEPTEMBER TRADITIONAL HARVEST THANKSGIVING SERVICE 7.30pm
St. Giles’ Church. Light refreshments served in the church after the service
SATURDAY 21st SEPTEMBER INDIVIDUAL SKITTLES CHALLENGE 7.30PM
Red Lion Inn. A fun evening for beginners and experienced players alike! Enquiries: Bib & Richard 597313
SUNDAY 22nd SEPTEMBER EQUESTRIAN PLEASURE RIDE
Start between 10am and 12 noon (no later) £10 children and £15 adults Ride ends in Sidbury Manor grounds – refreshments available Enquiries: Jan Prettejohn 07989 436105